Riverside Convention Center — Riverside, CA
VENUE INFORMATION AND HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS
The 2023 Annual Meeting will be held at the brand-new and extremely spacious Riverside Convention Center.
We have pre-purchased a limited block of hotel rooms at several of the hotels adjacent to the convention center. The three hotels below are each within one block of the convention center in easy walking distance.
- Marriott Downtown Riverside – Block 1: $150/night AND Block 2: $165/night. Due to a recently increased federal per diem rate, we have rooms available at two different rates. These rates are available to anyone in our group, and you do not need to be a federal employee to book in either block. First come, first served for the lower cost rooms. These rates are for single occupancy. $10 per additional person charge per night. Price includes 20% breakfast discount in C3 Restaurant, and free high speed internet. Discounted parking is $15/night. Valid February 6-10, 2023. Rate expires 1/20/23.
- Hyatt Place Downtown Riverside – $144/night. Price includes Hyatt Hot American Breakfast and free high speed internet. Parking is $16/night. Link to Hyatt Place Room Block Valid February 6-10, 2023. Rate expires 1/22/23.
- Hampton Inn Downtown Riverside – $144/night. Price includes hot breakfast and free high speed internet. Parking will be at the prevailing rate (currently $23/night). (Limited rooms are available to state employees at the state per diem rate of $95/night, phone hotel to book.) Link to Hampton Inn Room Block Valid February 7-10, 2023. Rate expires 1/5/23.
We have also reserved a limited block of rooms at two other hotels so that a lower cost option is available. Note that these hotels are 3-4 miles and a 5-10 minute drive away from the Riverside Convention Center. There are local buses available and Uber and Lyft are also widely used in this area. We will set up an online bulletin board to assist with ride sharing and room sharing connections. Daily parking is available in Lot 33 at the Riverside Convention Center at a cash rate of $10/day. Street parking is also available, in addition to City parking lots/structures.
- Holiday Inn Express Colton-Riverside North – $109/night. Includes hot buffet breakfast, Wi-Fi and free parking. Link to Holiday Inn Express Room Block (Group Code WS3) Valid February 7-10, 2023. Rate expires 1/24/23.
- Quality Inn Riverside near UCR and Downtown – $94/night. Phone to make a group reservation: (951) 683-6000. 1590 University Ave. Price includes Wi-Fi, breakfast and free parking. Valid February 5-11, 2023. Rate expires 2/5/23. Link to hotel details
There are three major airports near Riverside: Ontario International Airport (ONT), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and John Wayne Orange County Airport (SNA). Ontario International Airport (ONT) is about 20 miles northwest of Riverside and is the most convenient air travel choice. There are public transportation options between the Ontario Airport and downtown Riverside. Uber and Lyft are also widely used in this area. We will set up online bulletin boards to facilitate ride shares. More information is coming soon.
The Southern California Chapter of TWS is organizing local field trips and hikes before the meeting which will highlight the flora and fauna of the area! There are several open space areas that are within a ten minute drive of the convention center – some of which are listed below. The Riverside-Corona Resource Conservation Center is also nearby which offers tours and demonstrations of restoration, sustainable land practices, and research projects they are a part of. Here are some open space areas to check out in the Riverside area:
- Fairmount Park;
- Mount Rubidoux Park;
- Ryan Bonaminio Park;
- Sycamore Canyon Park.
- If you have time to drive further afield – be sure to check out Joshua Tree National Park which is less than two hours from the convention center.two