Tuesday – Welcome Reception
- Tuesday, February 7: 6:00 – 8:00pm
- In Person, Included in meeting registration at no extra cost
- There will also be a Virtual Welcome Reception from 7-8pm for our Remote Attendees
Join us in Riverside to kick-off the Annual Meeting and make connections with friends, colleagues and fellow participants. Featuring a Cornhole Tournament, a Wildlife Photo Slideshow, a Wildlife T-Shirt Contest, and a Scavenger Hunt for Students.
- A fiesta buffet will be served from 6-7pm and this meal is included in the meeting registration fee along with a no-host bar. (Menu: Southwest Caesar Salad; Chicken Fajitas, Portobella Fajitas; Mexican Rice; Charro Beans; And Stuffed Churros.)
- Wear a Wildlife T-Shirt! Prizes awarded for the best shirts in several categories. (1) Science/Nature (2) Funniest (3) Most Unique (4) Most Artistic
- Submit your photos for our annual wildlife slideshow, and enter to win one of several $100 REI Gift Cards! Link to instructions
- Sign up for our first-ever cornhole tournament! We have space for 16 teams. Cornhole Lottery Signup Form HERE. And instructions HERE.
- Students: Stop by the Student Affairs table and play the Scavenger Hunt game – get to know the Western Section of TWS!
Wednesday Members Banquet – Plus After Hours Raffle, Wildlife Trivia and Karaoke!
- Wednesday, February 8
- In Person, Banquet Meal Ticket, $20. Tickets available online – purchase by 1/20/23.
- Menu: Whatcha Smokin’ Buffet – House smoked & dry rubbed meats: Tri Tip, Bone-In Quarter Chicken, and Turkey Breast. Roasted Soy Chik’n. Creamy Pimiento Mac n’ Cheese, Sweet Dijon Baked Beans, Roasted Garlic Yukon Mashed Potatoes, Classic Caesar Salad, Watermelon Cucumber Feta Salad and, Fire Roasted Corn Salad. Served with Classic Sweet, Spicy Carolina Mustard and Riverside Hot Sauces; Buttermilk Biscuits, Apple Crumble Pie with Cinnamon Whip, and Smore’s Brownies & Blondies. Also includes Coffee, Tea, Decaf and Iced Tea.
Enjoy a casual, relaxing evening reconnecting with your colleagues and friends while making new connections over a good meal at the annual meeting members banquet. If you haven’t previously attended a Western Section banquet, now’s the perfect time to start a new tradition.
- 5:30-7:00pm – No-Host Cocktail Bar (Outdoor Patio, weather permitting)
- 6:45pm – Doors Open for seating
- 7:00pm to 8:30pm – Whatcha Smokin’ Buffet (Meal Ticket Required, $20 purchase by 1/20/23)
- 8:30pm – Wildlife Trivia and Bucket Raffle to support wildlife student and early career professional program. Join us for some fun (and fierce!) competition. With prizes! (teams of 4, ok to self organize that night!)
- 10:00pm – Karaoke, Back by popular demand! We’ll be singing and having fun into the night!
- 10:00pm – Group games led by gamemaster Matthew Bettelheim — Rollick, Werewolf, and Poetry for Neanderthals…. Laughs guaranteed!
- 10:00pm — Cozy hangout room – gathering place for those who want a place to hangout with Western Wildlifers
Thursday – Poster Session and Reception
- Thursday 6:00-8:00pm (food served 6:30-7:30pm)
- Included in meeting registration at no extra cost
An in-person poster session and reception will be held on the evening of Thursday, February 9th. Authors will be available at their poster display to answer questions about their posters. The food and drink will be hosted by the Riverside Convention Center. They are providing “Tastes of Riverside” hors d’oeuvres and two drink tickets to each person attending the event with a choice of citrus themed cocktails, craft beer, wine or non-alcoholic fruit spritzers. Posters will be available for viewing starting Wednesday morning through Thursday end of day. For more information on poster presenter guidelines, click here.
Posters may also be viewed virtually before, during and after the meeting on the Whova meeting app. Virtual attendees may use the Whova app to ask poster authors any questions they have about their research.